The Benefits of Inner Healing
The truth of the matter is that whether you admit or not, the pain you carry over being hurt in the past affects and defines your life. You may be a strong person who can conquer many challenges but if you are exhausted on the inside from trying to impress people with how unshakable and independent you are then you are bound to the pain that you are trying so hard to avoid.
Here is how you will benefit from taking the time to look at how to get inner healing (the healing of your heart).
- You will not have to spend so much of your energy pretending to be someone you’re not.
- You will not have to be afraid of relationships with other people.
- You will learn that you don’t have to have all the answers.
- You will be able to let go of your past.
- You will be able to love yourself and therefore love others.
- You will enjoy life more fully.
How Inner Healing Differs From Psychology
So the question becomes: How is what we offer (spiritual inner healing) any different from going to a counselor, a psychologist or a psychiatrist? That’s a very good question to ask. There are times when a person needs to seek professional, medical attention because they are dealing with a chemical imbalance that leads to a mental illness or clinical depression.
We believe that although God can and sometimes does supernaturally heal chemical imbalances, He also uses doctors to help people in their healing. Until and unless the chemicals in your brain are in balance, you will not be able to process through the inner healing we are offering.
There are other ways in which inner healing differs from psychology and traditional counseling:
- It’s based on biblical principles
- It centers on finding resolve through what Jesus did for you when He died on the cross.
- It emphasizes dying to your old ways so that you can have a whole new way of thinking and reacting while psychology emphasizes restoring function by modifying behavior and teaching self-help skills.
- It relies on God’s strength rather than your own effort while psychology speaks of having a positive self-image so that you can perform well.
- It speaks of seeing yourself the way God sees you and allowing Him to work through you.
Why We Care About Your Healing
If you have been deeply hurt in the past and find it difficult to trust people’s motives you may be wondering why we care about helping people in this way. You can find a detailed answer to this question on our Who We Are page.
To give you a short version of that answer; we have come to a place of freedom and joy in our personal lives that we never dreamed was possible, both as individuals and as a married couple. We want that same freedom and joy for you. We have the honor and privilege of getting to meet with individuals and couples to explore and pray through this inner healing process. It is very fulfilling and multiplies our joy.
It is new for us to reach out to people through the internet but we understand that we may be able to help people that we will not have the opportunity to meet face-to-face. One of those people may be you.
In the Bible, the book of Colossians chapter 2, you will find the apostle Paul saying this:
“Not many of you have met me face-to-face, but that doesn’t make any difference. Know that I’m on your side, right alongside you…I’m a long way off, true, and you may never lay eyes on me, but believe me, I’m on your side, right beside you.” (Colossians 2: 1,5 The Message)
It is our hope that you will pursue the healing of your heart so that:
- You do not have to continue to live in despair and depression.
- You do not have to be plagued with fear and nightmares.
- You can be strong without faking it or working yourself to death.
We hope you will take the time to explore the topics we discuss so that you can experience the same freedom and joy that we are blessed to walk in.